If you have installed xampp / lampp in linux then you must have observed that there is no launcher shortcut created under kde menu. You need to launch it manually from command line. To create a launcher shortcut, here is the procedure.
- Right click on kde launcher icon and select “Edit Application”
- In the left pane, select one of the category under which you wish to add the shortcut. for example: Development
- Create a new item by selecting “New Item”
- In the right page, enter following details:
- Name: lamp
- Description: Linux Apache MySQL Php framework
- Command: /opt/lampp/manager-linux-x64.run
- Under advanced tab:
- Run as different user: root
- Press ‘Save’ and you are done.
Now you will find the lampp shortcut under kde menu -> Developmenet -> lampp.