I was trying to deploy my new version of GAE to app engine. It took some time before I figured out why my deployed site was not showing live. What I did new while deploying the new version is that I changed the version from 1 to 2. After changing the version, though it was deployed successfully, the app engine continued to use my version 1 as the default instance.
To change the default instance to 2, do the following:
- Log into to appengine.google.com using your login credentials
- Select your app. This should launch the app dashboard.
- In the left sidebar, select Versions.
- Here it should list both the version.
- Select version 2 and set as default.
You are done. Now your newly deployed version should be visible live.